Learning for Life Series: Discovering the Path to Employment – Session 1 – Introduction to Guided Group Discovery
Our first six-session series, Discovering the Path to Employment, begins on March 26th, 2019 and runs every two weeks through June 4th, 2019 and is open to adults, ages 18+.
Session 1: Introduction to Guided Group Discovery
Session 2: Interests & Contributions
Session 3: Conditions, Accommodations & Disclosures
Session 4: The Art & Science of Networking
Session 5: Putting It Together – Taking Action
Session 6: Conclusion – Next Steps in the Community
This six-session series would be most beneficial for job seekers who are committed to multiple
sessions, interested in becoming an active participant in their job search, and meet one or more
of the following characteristics:
- Enjoys working with others;
- Has a difficult time identifying their abilities and skills;
- Has the ability to stay focused on one topic for at least 20 minutes at a time;
- Has little or no employment history;
- Attains employment, but has difficulty retaining employment;
- Has specific conditions of employment that will need to be considered and addressed if
employment is to be successful;
- Has had unsuccessful experience(s) with the more conventional, demand-driven labor
market approach; and/or
- Has one or more barriers to employment that has impeded a successful job search.
Registration opens in February 2019! For more details email us.
Dates/Times: Tuesdays, 6:30pm – 8:30pm (Space is limited per session)
Location: The Exceptional Foundation of Charlotte, First United Methodist Church, 501 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28202