First Call Program
For expectant and new parents of children with Down syndrome, any opportunity to speak with other parents who have experienced what you are experiencing can be invaluable. The DSA of Greater Charlotte’s Parent First Call program is a volunteer group of trained parent mentors available 24/7 to listen, share, answer questions, and provide valuable information. If you would like to speak with a First Call parent, complete the form below or call 704-536-2163 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Understanding a Down Syndrome Diagnosis”
“Understanding a Down Syndrome Diagnosis” contains medical and developmental information about people with Down syndrome as well as local and national resources, pregnancy options and helpful visuals and graphics. This booklet has been reviewed by all the major medical organizations involved in expectant mothers’ health. To request a copy of this booklet, please call 704-536-2163 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Visit our national affiliate, the National Down Syndrome Congress (NDSC), for a wealth of information for expectant parents.
- Brighter Tomorrows provides families with balanced information about receiving a prenatal or postnatal diagnosis of Down syndrome.
- Prenatal Screening and Testing for Chromosome Conditions
- Understanding Down Syndrome
- Books about Down Syndrome (Downloadable)
- Down Syndrome Materials in Spanish